Generous contributions by donors over the years have ensured the sustainability and stability of the GSDT. All the significant donors have shown extensive interest in the projects that they fund.
- Claudia Restis and the Restis Family Trust contributed toward the 2010 renovation of the Trust Centre and supported after-school care and the Vision Afrika Primary School through the GSDT.
- Fundraising by Rudi Neuland and Anna Will and Drs. Iris and Wolf Siegmund sustained the Trust through a critical period in the first years. They founded a network of German sponsors for the education of individual children in Kayamandi. Parents of beneficiary children, assisted by the Trust, later established Sakhikamva to coordinate the distribution of these funds.
- The National Lottery Distribution Trust Fund contributed funds towards 2010 renovation of the Trust Centre. The NLDTF also made contributions in 2010, 2011 and 2012 towards the general running costs of Trust programmes.
- Team4Tech, through Mark Friedman, Julie Clugage, Noel Durrant, Paul Campbell and others, funded a training laboratory and programme for 21st-century teaching. This initiative grew into Eduvate.
- The Finland-South Africa Association (FSAA) supported a programme for micro-entrepreneurs through the efforts of Tapani Brotherus, who was previously the Finnish ambassador in South Africa, and Arja Alho, who was once the Minister of Finance in Finland. This programme developed into SEED, an independent organisation. www.seedstellenbosch.org.za
- Internationella Folkhogskolan (FIF) and Forum Syd had provided funds and mentors (Therese Gadell, Johnny Andersson and Wilo Abdulle) to strengthen the GSDT as an organisation and also for youth development.
- Significant local donors include Dick Enthoven and Yellowwoods Trust; Michiel le Roux and Kalander Trust; and Marie and Hannes van Zyl.
- Other past donors include Stef Bos; Jan Viviers; Dave Dalling; Vision Afrika Europa and Emma Berkhout; Studenten Initiative and Oliver Hansen; Cape Classic and Gabi Zahn; Monica Turck; HD Menzel; Sue and Kerry Brookbanks; Amy van Niekerk; Stiftung Manager Ohne Grenzen and Kristina Rush and Irene Glück.
- In 2002 the Trust Centre was renovated from the remains of the fire with contributions from Rudi Neuland and Anna Will; Drs Wolf and Iris Siegmund; the Boland District Municipality; Dennis Moss Partners and others. Later, volunteer students from the Fachschule Kobelsdorff in Berlin added a classroom.
- In 2010, donors for the renovation included the Restis Family Trust; The National Lottery Distribution Trust Fund; INCA Capacity Building Fund; donors coordinated by Drs Wolf and Iris Siegmund, Rudi Neuland and Anna Will; Marie and Hannes van Zyl; Prof. Hans Bode; Petra Krämer; Jan Klingler, Alan Todd and KR2 Architects; Hope & Warren Quantity Surveyors; and Moroff & Kühne Consulting Engineers.